The use of SEO, search engine optimization, can seem quite daunting, like it is some secret code or a secret weapon. It is neither. There is a simple formula to master SEO, but first there must be an understanding of what SEO is. Toronto SEO is the key to driving traffic to websites to build readership and generate revenue. SEO is commonly used words to search certain topics or to find specific products. People use search terms or phrases when looking for everything from buying a used car to conducting academic research. If business owners and bloggers want their content to be accessed, they must learn and master the simple formula for using SEO content.
To optimize content for search engines it is essential to think in terms of the words the average person looking for a particular product or topic might use. Google started a trend with Ask Google. So now bloggers, article writers, and webstore owners use questions and certain terms placed strategically in their content, generally in the title, headings, subheadings, and the first few words of subtopics. For example, an article on taming frizzy hair would include the phrase “tame frizzy hair” in the title which might read: Ten Effective Tips on How to Tame Frizzy Hair.
Simple Formula to Master SEO
- The most important key to mastering SEO is to not be intimidated by it. SEO is just words, key words and phrases to be exact.
- Remember, key words and phrases are the words and phrases most often used when thinking about or searching for a product or a topic.
- Incorporate the key words and phrases as naturally as possible into the content.
- Use synonyms for key words and phrases to improve searches.
- Use key words and phrases in titles, subtitles, and the first sentence of each subtopic.
- Vary verb usage with participles, i.e., tame, taming, tamed.
- Use exact key phrases in introduction and conclusion.
- Use superlatives: most, best, worst, etc., in titles and subtitles.
The mastery of SEO does not have to be daunting. After a bit of practice, it will become quite natural to incorporate SEO into content. The best content writers can place themselves in the minds of consumers of content and products.
Search Engine Optimization in Practice
If writing an article about products for frizzy hair, content writers would think in terms of other words that might be used for frizzy. Words like dry, brittle, or coarse. Then the writers would think of the types of words and questions that might be used in a search and would incorporate these into their content.
- What are the best products for *frizzy hair?
- What are the least expensive products for frizzy hair?
- Where can I find the best products for frizzy hair?
- What causes frizzy hair?
(*vary throughout with dry, brittle, coarse)
The identified SEO words/phrases are:
- Frizzy hair
- Best products for frizzy hair
- Least expensive products for frizzy hair
Content is Key With SEO
Mastering SEO is simply the artful use of words as the average individual searching for specific items or contents would use them. By placing themselves in the mind of content consumers, content creators can create copy that is optimized for search engines that will increase traffic to web content and increase readership and/or product sales.